Track editor is the in-game tool that allows you to create tracks, exported tracks are called Lego. All versions of Re-Volt include the editor. PC Patch 0916 and DreamCast release introduced double sized tracks e.g. tracks which can be exported much wider than the average Lego.
- Cursor Keys - Moves cursor
- Return/Enter - Places module
- C - Copies module
- Delete - Deletes module
- Z - Previous Variant
- X - Next Variant
- Page Up - Raises module
- Page Down - Lowers module
- Space - Rotates module
- +/- - Rotates Camera
- Escape - Brings up menu
- F1 - Brings up help
Menu contains these options:
- Modules - Selects a module
- Pickups - Allows you to place pickups
- Adjust - Allows to resize and move track around
- Save - Saves a Track editor file that can be later edited
- New - Clears the track
- Load - Loads a saved track
- Export - Makes a playable Re-Volt track that can't be later edited
- Quit - Quits the editor
Modules are the track pieces that compose a track. Some of them come in two textures and multiple variants.
- Start grid - The place where cars start and the laps end.
- Straights - A straight track. Has a variable slope.
- Dips - It's a pinched track piece. Has a variable pinchness.
- Humps - It's a bumped track piece. Has a variable bumpiness.
- Square corner - It's a square turn.
- Round corner - It's a smooth turn. Has a variable size.
- Diagonal - It's a diagonal straight track. Has a variable size and side.
- Bank - It's a banked straight track/square corner. Has a variable bank start/bank/banked square corner.
- Rumble strip - It's a bumpy track piece. Has a variable bumpiness.
- Narrow section - It's a narrow track piece, Can be changed into a narrow-in piece as a variable.
- Pipe - It's a pipe piece. Variants are the Straight pipe, turn, slope and a pipe-in.
- Bridge - It's a track-over-track. Has a variable height of track over the main piece.
- Crossroad - It's a crossing,
- Jump - It's a red floor piece that says jump. It warns the player about the jump.
- Chicane - It's a very annoying track piece that has angled walls on side.