The vehicle is best known for its swiftness, boasting high stats in both of top speed and acceleration. Clocking at a top speed at 36 mph (59 kph), R6 Turbo is extremely fast for its rating, being almost on-par with Panga TC. Its amazing top speed allows it to excel on straightaways in open roads such as Toytanic 1 and 2.
As mentioned before, R6 Turbo boasts an excellent acceleration stat, reaching a coverage of 2.46 m/s². This allows the vehicle to pull out ahead of starting grids, and enables it to do an excellent job when exiting corners. It also has no issues with small inclines, losing minimal speed on areas such as the escalator in Museum 2.
Handling-wise is also prodigious. Stocked with an FWD drivetrain, R6 Turbo possesses exceptional grip, losing no control when turning, and being very steady in corners. The vehicle also has a decent turning radius, enabling it to pass by corners at an adequate speed, which is abnormal for an FWD car.
However as a trade-off, R6 Turbo suffers from an atrocious weight stat. Weighing at only 800 grams, the vehicle is the lightest in the whole game. This, coupled with the vehicle's tiny body frame makes it excessively weak to Pickups. Impact from Fireworks, Water Balloons, or explosions from Clone Pick Ups and Bombs, are preposterous, with the car being launched meters away upon contact. The impact is enormous that controlling the car is almost impossible upon being hit. These effects overpower R6 Turbo's ability to recover effectively, which is disappointing considering the vehicle's high acceleration stat that it could use to recover.
Furthermore, R6 Turbo's mass and small stature heavily impacts on its stability, unlike most lightweight cars such as LA 54 or Adeon. Equipped with a relatively stiff suspension shows no mercy for the vehicle at all, with the car likely to lose control upon landing impact such as the drop-offs in Toy World 1. Its small wheelbase makes climbing steep inclines dangerous despite having excellent acceleration, as the car is seen having a tendency to roll over when driving on uneven off-road terrain.
Overall, R6 Turbo is a car notable for its maneuverability, excelling in all fields of speed, acceleration and handling, using its nimble characteristics to stand out from its competitors. However, it suffers from being the lightest car in the game, as well as having noticeable stability problems from the abysmal weight, attracting the need of caution when utilizing the car.
- This car is not present in any of the various Re-Volt demos.
- R6 Turbo's top speed in the mode Junior RC is 37 kph.
- Resembles a Renault 5 Turbo, with the difference that R6 has FWD and the R5 is a mid-engined RWD car (midship).
- The car's default data folder name is 'r5', oddly, instead of 'r6' due to be an abbreviation of Renault 5.
- The early design of R6 Turbo uses different colors (blue and yellow).
- Even though it is classified as a glow-powered car and emits the glow engine sound, oddly it has a visible electric engine on its back.
- R6 Turbo was renamed to "Ray" in RE-VOLT 2: Best RC 3D Racing .
- This car appears on the right wall in the Track Editor world along with Dust Mite, Phat Slug, Col. Moss, Harvester, Dr. Grudge, Rotor and Cougar.