Clockwork is the fourth of clockworks in the game, and is the car used for Clockwork Carnage for the PC and Dreamcast versions. Although its default color is white, a variety of alternative colors are available for the car. These colors are given randomly and are unable to be chosen by the player. In addition, these colors are only exclusive for Clockwork Carnage.
Clockwork is extremely fast. It has an amazing top speed of 42 mph (68 kph), falling behind the top speed of Cougar's. Its acceleration is no slouch either, fitting at a respectable 2.52 m/s². This makes Clockwork a very swift and nimble car, which is supplemented thanks to its small size.
In terms of handling characteristics, Clockwork's turning radius and grip are acceptable. Its turning radius is decent, but the vehicle will have to slightly slow down at tight corners due to its immense top speed. Its grip is forgivable thanks to its 4WD drivetrain, being fairly stable even at the highest speeds.
However, Clockwork has many drawbacks that makes controlling the vehicle quite difficult. As it is small, it only weighs in a mere 1.2 kilograms. This makes it vulnerable to Pickups, and is quite dangerous upon contact with items such as Fireworks due to the vehicle's traveling speed.
The vehicle's biggest flaw though, is easily its stability. Like all clockworks, it has a very small wheelbase and suspension. As a result, they do not absorb impacts from sharp ramps very well. Clockwork in particular will lose control in many situations, such as jumping off the ramp or landing from a drop-off. The vehicle also has a high tendency to spin out upon contact with walls or obstructions.
Overall, Clockwork boasts excellent top speed and acceleration, but suffers heavily from its small size and stability problems, similar to Advanced rating R6 Turbo. This makes the Clockwork Carnage mode very chaotic, hence its name, but also very fun. If not for Clockwork's flaws, the mode would instead be quite tedious. Ultimately, Clockwork's advantages and flaws is used a fundamental basis for the mode.
- This car is unavailable in any of the Re-Volt demos, unlike all other clockworks which have their files stored in the demo directory.
- This car isn't selectable in the car selection screen, but can be driven in the Clockwork Carnage playmode.
- It can become selectable by using the CARNIVAL cheat code or by changing its obtain method in its parameters.
- This car was named as 'Cockwork' in DEV Version of the game.
- The PlayStation version of the game instead uses Clockwork Wun as the main car for Clockwork Carnage.
- Despite labelled as 'Electric' in Frontend, Clockwork uses the sound file 'clockwrk.wav'.