AKLM was its stock symbol. It had public ownership under NASDAQ from 1987-2004.
On August 30, 2004 the company became bankrupt and gave their employees 15 minutes to get their belongings and get out.
Acclaim Games confusion
Acclaim Games is often confused with Acclaim Entertainment, but it is in no way related. After Acclaim Entertainment filed for bankruptcy, former Activision CEO Howard Marks purchased Acclaim's brand and logotype in September of 2004 for a reported $100,000.
Acclaim Games was founded in 2006 and its subject was to offer free MMORPGs on its website upon registration. It was Acclaim's sucessor only in terms of brand name, since it took a totally different direction from the previous company.
The company had its end on August 27, 2010.
Re-Volt rights after Acclaim's defunct
Throwback Entertainment (a Canadian publisher) acquired Re-Volt from Acclaim's games library, together with more than 150 titles in 2004. Six years later, in July 2010, WeGo Interactive purchased all IP related with Re-Volt, RC Revenge Pro and RC De GO from Throwback Entertainment.
- ↑ Acclaim Entertainment at the Internet Game Database (no longer available)
- ↑ Acclaim Entertainment in Liquidation status at LinkedIn
- ↑ IGN: Acclaim to File for Bankruptcy
- ↑ Acclaim: Back from the dead (no longer available)
- ↑ Acclaim Games at Wikipedia
- ↑ Acclaim Entertainment at Wikipedia
- Yahoo Finance archived stock information
- Acclaim.com Archived Financial information
- Acclaim's (AKLM) Re-Volt Races to Stores this Fall